joanne Weck Author Page

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

INHABITING YOUR DREAMS

To Sleep, perchance to dream.” William Shakespeare

Dreams are often a magical source of inspiration. I’ve always been fascinated by my own dreams. As a child, I believed that my dreaming adventures were as real as my daytime life and refused to admit that they were spun purely from my sleeping brain. Today I still cherish my dreams as a source of inspiration and revelation.

In addition to my “regular” journal I keep a dream journal. When I wake from a  realm frequented by mythical creatures and friends no longer living, where the natural laws of time and space are suspended, I embrace the experience as an excursion into the depths of my subconscious mind. While the images still linger, I write down the context of the dream, examine the people, animals, creatures, and places who have presented themselves and I attempt to interpret the symbols. What is the message of the dream? What does it reveal about my real life concerns? What does it suggest for my current project? I let myself drift with feelings and images, jotting down ideas which might later be incorporated into my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment