joanne Weck Author Page

Monday, April 20, 2015

FLYING HOME--BACK TO THE REAL WORLD



The end of vacation is hard. Focus changes from relaxation and fun to every day work and concerns. The long flight back to NJ from California is  a time for a transition for me. I start thinking about, maybe even start writing the story I want to write for this week's writers’ group meeting. 

Is work really work when you choose what and how much you want to do? No one is waiting eagerly to read what I write and yet I feel this pressure to create. My writing group helps me by giving me a deadline. When I haven’t written, there is no penalty, but still, I feel as if I’ve failed if I have nothing new to read.


Ideas have seemed scarce lately. I feel as if the pitcher has been empty for some weeks. Maybe my need to refill it has been served by a lazy week in the sunshine with my loving and beloved family.

No comments:

Post a Comment