joanne Weck Author Page

Friday, April 10, 2015

A CHANGE OF CLIMATE--DREAMING OF SPRING

Spring has been a long time in coming this year. It's still cold and rainy and nothing is green. Flowers have yet to struggle up through the cold hard earth. My only escape from winter and the cold has been periodic visits to beautiful Longwood Gardens with its indoor profusion of flowers

And then I stepped out of the plane in San Francisco. The sun was shining. The temperature was in the seventies. I breathed in the fresh air. I felt like singing and dancing. I felt at least ten years younger, maybe twenty. But did I feel like writing? Not really. Not yet. I wanted to luxuriate in the unfamiliar wonder of a change of climate--in the best sense.

Still on New York time I woke up at 3:00 AM and out of  my window I could see a beautiful half moon shining. I was full of energy and enthusiasm. I drank a big cup of coffee. It felt like morning, my most productive time of the day--and I felt like writing.

I worked for two hours on editing my novel, (working title: A Bridge to the Moon) and still felt alive.
I jotted down three ideas for short stories. I decided I could still work on my blog before closing my computer and starting the rest of my day.

Happy spring. Keep on writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment