joanne Weck Author Page

Monday, March 11, 2013

CATCH YOUR MUSE


“The muses are ghosts, and sometimes they come uninvited.” 
― Stephen King





Every writer needs a muse. Who is yours? Is there someone in your past or current life who inspired you? Who gave you "permission" to write? Someone who had faith in you and made you believe that whatever you wanted to do was possible?

My first muse was the one aunt out of eight who was different--who was an artist--who fled from the small town where she was born and dared to live her dream. She travelled, she painted, she wrote poetry. She gave me a vision of a wider world, a life that celebrated the divine gift of creativity. She was grace and elegance and beauty. I turn to this Muse for inspiration when my well runs dry, when I'm not certain if I'm taking the right path. Although she's no longer walking on this planet I can hear her whispering encouragement when I request her aid.

If no muse has appeared in your life you can create one--an ideal friend, a fellow artist who encourages and inspires you.  Find that part of you that is loving and joyous.  My purpose is to discover and share daily inspiration for the task of writing, to find the way to overcome obstacles and keep the divine connection alive. Become your own muse. WRITE ON!

1 comment:

  1. ...what great words to write by!!! i am soo looking forward to this blog...not only for that artistic inspiration, but for the insights i need to add more joy and richness to everyday!!!

    ReplyDelete