joanne Weck Author Page

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Never, Never, Never Give Up

Do what you love to do. Do with with your whole heart and soul. Even when you don't see results, when no one else seems to appreciate what you're doing, don't give up. Just when you think that all is lost, a break comes along.

I've been writing since I was a child. I have always had a sense that life needs to be recorded, that imagination adds to the sum total of the richness of our world. I have thirteen short stories published, two novels, and plays performed at various New Jersey theaters.

I have two novels completed, unpublished, a cache of short stories that have not been published, but that doesn't keep me from writing more. And more. I'm halfway through another novel. I write every day.

When two of my plays were chosen this year for the Playwrights Showcase at the Leonia Theater it was a real pleasure to see words I had written take on life.

Every now and then, writing becomes more than personal. It does what you hoped for--goes out into the world.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I've been writing for years and my lift of published materials is much less than what I have backlogged. But even if only a few people get to see them, I am glad that I wrote them because they were the building blocks that I will build my future stories upon.

    ReplyDelete