joanne Weck Author Page

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

ON WRITERS' GROUPS


“It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson





 I’ve been meeting weekly with the same writers’ group for over five years. People who share my passion invigorate me and spark my creativity. I’ve learned to be open to other’s ideas and leave my defenses behind. I know my writing doesn’t have to be polished, finished, or perfect. A good writers' group creates a circle in which it is possible to safely share your works-in-progress without the fear of attack or cynicism.

Each participant offers comments, insights, critiques, and suggestions and I can take them in or reject them.  My comments are received in the same spirit. No one is the expert. All input is valued and respected, to be incorporated or discarded.  An evening of sharing with others who are also dedicated to writing, feeds my spirit and leaves me exhilarated and inspired. Do you have a circle of writing friends? If not, find one. WRITE ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment